Thursday, December 20, 2007

Josh ruined Christmas......

Okay well not really, but it's our new running joke. As some of you may know, Josh and I decided to purchase a nintendo Wii as our Christmas present to each other. I knew we needed the double controllers as the Wii only comes with one. Just about everyday Josh would pester me about getting them along with some games. So I thought I would purchase them and surprise him Christmas morning. I had one week to keep it from him. I figured shouldn't be too hard as he is very forgetful about things. Boy was I so off base. I did a lot of lying to keep this from him, as I got his brother involved, and asked him to let Josh know they were all sold out at Toy'r'us (his brother is the manager there). I just continued to tell Josh over and over that we didn't have the money at this time and that we needed to get Christmas presents for people first before thinking of ourselves. Finally last night as he pushed button after button on my nerves, then giving me the guilt trip of how I didn't want to play the Wii with him, he was just going to sell it. He figured getting $100 extra for it was worth it, and kept throwing the selling card at me. Boiling point was reached and that's when I lost it. I couldn't think of anything else to say to him to get him to let it go. So I informed him (of course at the top of my lungs cuz I was so frustrated) that I purchased the controllers as well as a game for him. I think I heard a pin drop, which was then followed by the continued apologizing of my husband. I was so angry with him that I informed him that since I had bought these controllers and they were for the both of us, I wasn't expecting him to get me anything, but now since he has ruined Christmas for me, he better be getting me the best present EVER. What that is I don't know, but he better be prayin that I love it. ;-) Eh, who am I kidding, I would be happy with my hershey's cherry cordials and a diet pepsi. Life really can't get better than that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny because aaron did the same exact thing with the present I got him. lol I will post mine on my blog so you can see. Men know how to pester lol

Unknown said...

Haha....and Bryce is a little boy and we did Christmas a couple weeks ago because he couldn't stand it any longer. Luckily my parents put a few things under the tree :)

Kayla said...

That's so funny! I hope you guys had a great Christmas.