Saturday, December 29, 2007

I need a nap!!!!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. I had such a fantastic weekend before Christmas. I haven't seen that much of my family in one weekend since I don't know when. It truly was the best weekend EVER! The Friday(Dec.21) before Christmas we all got together at Thorny's beautiful home. Family had come down from out of state, and the food was INCREDIBLE! (my brother Chris and I enjoying the eclairs)I stuffed myself like a Thanksgiving turkey, and still managed to shove more food in my mouth. I honestly don't think I could stop talking about the food, but I will spare those that read this.

We had a white elephant gift exchange which I am sad to say my husband went home with the Santa thong that is passed around .
It was just a blast to sit around and laugh and talk with family. Just sitting and watching everyone laugh and talk and enjoy each others company brought me so much joy. Shout out to Thorny, you did a fabulous job!
On Sunday (Dec. 23th) Josh and I went out to Tooele for my brother Chris' homecoming. He has returned from serving a mission in Poland. It was such an excellent service. My sister and brother in law both sang "Away in a Manger". It really brought me to tears. I was so emotional that day. Because again our family was all there. I guess for some of you that don't know, I should explain a little. My sister's, husbands, parents, have pretty much adopted me as one of their own and I now call them mom and dad. They treat me as if I had really been born to them. For me this has been one of the greatest blessings I could ask for. Mom's siblings have really accepted me as their niece and a member of their family. I couldn't ask for a better family to be a part of. I am truly blessed to have so many people who love and care about me, and have accepted my husband into the family as well. So continuing on...after church we went to the house for again more wonderful and delicious food. I love food. Later that night, when it was just us kids with mom and dad, we all sat around and talked and listened to mission stories from the guys, of course I teared up again, with the heartfelt words dad shared with all of us.

On Monday(Dec. 24), after working Josh and I braved the harsh snow storm that hit and drove from Layton down to Pleasant Grove. Luckily Josh is very calm driving in crazy weather, because it kept me very calm (well that and the fact I wasn't driving). We made it down to my sisters, where there was nicole and jon, mom and dad, chris and jim, grandma Vicki, Bryan and K8, and Darren. Grandma Vicki read the Christmas story to us out of Luke. We exchanged our family presents. Josh and I had decided to stay the night.

Christmas morning
, we woke up to my niece shouting about all the presents that were out. I was so excited as I had a huge surprise for Josh (for those of you thinking it, NO!, I'm not pregnant). ;-) I had been doing everything I could to keep him from knowing about this one surprise, and it had worked. As the last gift to be opened Josh got his Linkin Park concert tickets. His face was priceless (could totally do the mastercard commercial right now, but again I will spare those reading this). It really was a fantastic day. My sis and I made breakfast and stayed in our pj's all day. We all watched the Borne Ultimatum, and Josh and I journeyed back to our home in Ogden where we could play our Nintendo Wii on the big screen. By the way I highly recommend the Wii, it's a blast! I've never had so much fun playing video games before.

Last night
(Dec. 27th) was Josh's family party. We went up to the family cabin (aka-the house he grew up in), where we sat and ate and chatted while the kids all played. Josh broke out the Wii and each of us had to play once. I guess the day before the in-laws actually took a go at the Wii and loved it. I so wished I could have seen them play boxing. Later that night, Mama Hawks brought out matching pajama's for all to wear. At first, yes I thought this a little strange, but then realized how fantastic this idea is as I am out of jammies. Who doesn't need more pajama's right?! They were so super cute too (pictures will be coming for these as well). We then had a great time exchanging gifts, as most of us ended up with the presents that we brought. Josh was stoked because we came back home with the movie "Transformers". I was pretty thrilled with my gift as well! Thanks B, just know I will be collecting on my "I owe U!" ;-) Later as the little ones were put to bed and the older kids played the with the Wii, me, my two sister-in-laws, and my parents in law, all sat around and had a fantastic conversation about raising children. It was so neat to hear so many different sides and reflect on the way I was brought up. I really enjoyed talking with them, and feeling the spirit reside with us so strongly. I am really blessed to have married into such a kind and loving family. I really look forward to the future Christmas' that I will be able to spend with them. Sorry this is so long winded I hope everyone had such a Merry Christmas, and enjoy the New Year! Happy Hanukah everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Traci that is so awesome that you had such a great time. I wish I could have been there with you to share in that. You have a great New Year!!

Anonymous said...

I had fun up at the cabin with you. I am glad you were there and I really enjoyed our LONG, LATE night conversation as well. I am glad that you felt comfortable to add your opinions too. I loved hearing your perspective and memories of your mama! Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!