Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Meme


If you haven't done this yet and are reading it: Tag you are it! :-)

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way, Stephen's, have I told you lately that I love you, oh and there is no one else above you?

2) Do you wrap your presents or not? Totally all about the wrapping, even though I wait til the last minute to do it.

3) Colored lights or white? All about the white. White goes with everything (well at Christmas time)

4) Do you hang mistletoe? Dang it, that's what I forgot at Michaels

5) When do you put up your decorations? This is the first year I have my own house, and I have been so swamped with work, so just little bits have been put up at a time.

6) What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything dessert-ish that I don't have to make.

7) Favorite memory as a child? The year my sister and I went out to the living room to see what toys we got before we went into get our parents, and then went into their bedroom telling them how we hoped we got the toys that we had already seen. Mom wasn't to happy with us for going out to the living room without them.

8) When and how did you learn about Santa? A girl told me when I was in second grade, and I came home and asked my mom if he was real and she told me he wasn't. Worked for me.

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up we were always allowed to open just one.

10) How do you decorate your tree? I haven't yet. We probably won't have one this year, just because the thought of it makes me a little tired, and with my schedule this year, there just really isn't the time. But next year......oh look out baby, I am so all over it! I'm gonna hit Michaels the day after Christmas.

11) Snow...love it or dread it? Dread it on the roads, otherwise LOVE IT!

12) Can you ice skate? Depends, what I am skating on? ;-)

13) Do you remember your favorite gift?
Sadly I can't remember, and truthfully I don't feel like sitting here for the next two hours racking my brain through all my gifts. I really just to love remembering all the toys I got as a child and remembering the Christmas' I had with my parents.

14) What is the most important part of the holidays? Remembering my Savior Jesus Christ, spending all the time that I can with my family, and eating as much as I can possibly stand.

15) Favorite holiday dessert? The oreo treats (crushed oreo's mixed with cream cheese, rolled up into a little ball and dipped in chocolate) kelli and I make, now Brandi(congratulations) has been inducted into our candy making.

16) Favorite tradition? Can't really remember any traditions, I am hoping Josh and I can start some of our own.

17) Favorite Christmas Carol? You are kidding right? There are so many! I have to say the top on my list is "What child is this" when my sister will sing it, if I can ever get her to sing it for me! ;-) Oh and I am so with Thorny on this one, "All I want for Christmas is you". I just can't get sick of that song.

So what about you? What are your thoughts and feelings on Christmas??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love your blog! It's so dang cute!

Anonymous said...

So Christmasy!<--that is a wrod by the way. I love it! Ok here I go copy cat! I am gonna have to post it now! Shame on you Traci...You should always put (EXCEPT BRANDI) to the side of these! :)

Kayla said...

I was in 2nd grade when I found out about Santa too! My best friend's mom told us. There was no way I ever would have thought there wasn't one unless someone told me. I was CRUSHED! (not to mention really mad at my parents for lying). My mom was really mad at my friend's mom.