Funny how money can be such a stress machine. It's a piece of paper and it makes people crazy. My hubby can be quite the stresser of money. Me on the other hand am the complete opposite. I really don't stress over it until it's down to the very last millimeter of the wire, then I go completely postal, and POOF everything works out. It always does. I had to tell my hubby today that I can't have him stressing over money issues, because when he stresses, it stresses me, and it's the one thing I don't stress over and I need to not stress over it. I have a ba-zillion other things to worry over and if I have one thing that I don't worry over, I really would rather not have it added to my list. Luckily my husband is chilled out in every other aspect of life and promised that since I do the bills he will try to stay calm about the situation. Well the situation started out small and grew into one large ball of snow literally within a matter of two hours. Funny thing is that it all has to do with our cars, yay for cars and never working right! But, I figure, things have been going well for us for a while, so it's time for a trial, and I am going to try to pass this one with flying colors (let us pray!) :-)
Okay so I have to say that yesterday was a horrible no good very bad day. I had a fabulous breakdown that was quite Oscar worthy, I was stiffed in tips almost the whole day, my sickness has gotten to me so bad that it has made me crazy (well more crazy than most days), I really just felt like I had done a horrible job with my clients hair all day, and all I wanted to do was come home and have comfort food. I love comfort food. I couldn't do that because I couldn't taste the freakin' food. Luckily my sweet husband worked me through the breakdown, I sat in the shower and breathed. This morning I woke up with the puffiest eyes, surprised I could see through them only to realize I could smell, yes smell. Then I thought ok well this will be for just a minute and my nose will stuff up again. After my shower I could smell my perfume I put on, and thought it way to good to be true. All morning I continued to smell my wrist just to keep checking to see if I could still smell. Just as an FYI I haven't been able to smell anything in almost a month. And if you read in my other blog I haven't been able to taste any foods a little over a week, I think almost two. Well anyway I get to work, got my diet coke (just for the caffeine since I couldn't enjoy the taste of it), and after a couple gulps of it realized I could taste it. I was so EXCITED! I can't begin to even describe the happiness. After my horrible day yesterday the most blessed thing in the world happens, I can TASTE again. The choirs were singing and my co-workers making fun of me. But I paid them no mind because I could taste my Diet Coke. Sad news is we were so swamped today that I didn't get to eat all day, so I stopped at Wendys on my way home and really took advantage of their dollar menu. :-) It was joyous. Work turned out pretty good today as well, I banked on tips as I decided to have the attitude of having no expectations in regards to tips and to really just focus on my artistic ability. I feel like it really worked today. Oh and did I mention I can taste my DIET COKE?!?!?!?!
You know it's interesting how much you think you know about someone and yet you really don't know them. I consider my sister one of my best friends up next to my husband. Funny thing is, I am finding out so much about her that I had no idea. We stayed the night last night at mom's (aka Robin) and sat up talking last night about past boyfriends and feelings, and I had no idea. It broke my heart when I realized how much I never paid attention to my sister and what was going on in her life while we were growing up. Then tonight reading on her blog that she saved two peoples lives, I had no idea. It was like the night about two years ago when we lived in Moscow and we talked for two hours about our parents death, and our feelings surrounding them. That was one of the biggest eye openers for me. I had no idea about her feelings and what she had gone through. I feel so strange inside knowing that I know my sister, I know who she is, but things that happened to her and her feelings just seemed to pass right by me because I was so self absorbed. Sadly I still am a little, but I'm working on it. It is cool that I am getting to know more about jells. I love my sis and I really don't know what I would do if she wasn't there for me.
Let others know a little more about yourself, repost this as your name followed by "ology."
Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant? A. I can't believe I will admit to this but I'm gonna say Taco Bell. Yes it's sad, but a weakness.
Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? A: Chips and Salsa
Q.What are your pizza toppings of choice? A. Canadian Bacon, Pineapple, extra sauce, extra cheese.
TECHNOLOGYQ. What is currently on your computer wall paper? A: It was of me and Josh on our wedding day, but I just looked and it's gone, guess I will have to put it back up.
Q. How many televisions are in your house? A: Three, what?! we like t.v. :-)
BIOLOGYQ. Are you right-handed or left-handed? A. Right handed.
Q. When was the last time you had a cavity? A. Uh I think I have cavities inside cavities, I think I'll call the dentist tomorrow.
Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? A. Not that I know of
BULL-CRAPOLOGYQ. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? A. That would be a big crap NO!
Q. What color do you think looks best on you? A. Uh I think red, I would need to consult Robins color pallet.
Q. Have you ever saved someone's life? A. Wow no, but I just found out my sister did and I had no idea.
Q. Has someone ever saved yours? A. My sister and my hubby
DUMBOLOGYQ: What is in your left pocket?A: my jammies don't have pockets
Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie? A. I'm still trying to figure out why it never won an oscar
Q. Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house? A: Both
Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops? A: This last August when Josh and I were driving to Washington, and while in the state of Montana Josh told me to slow down because we couldn't afford a ticket and I told him that we were fine because in all the times I have driven to Washington I have never passed a cop in Montana, not even a minute after I had said that, there were flashing lights behind me and I get a $70 ticket.
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up? A: A toys'r'us kid
LASTOLOGYQ: Last person who called you? A: My Hubby
Q: Person you hugged? A: my boss Jodie, she's awesome like that
FAVORITOLOGYQ: Number? A: I have no idea
Q: Season? A: Summer. I love to be warm! Oh and fall comes in second, I love the colors of the leaves and the smell of the first cold. Weird I know.
CURRENTOLOGYQ: Mood? A: Sick and Tired :-)
Q: Listening to? A: the water in our fish tank
Q: Watching? A: The computer screen
RANDOMOLOGYQ: First place you went this morning? A: Home after staying the night at mom's with Jelly
Q: What can you not wait to do? A: Kiss my hubby when he gets home, I've missed him
Q: What's the last movie you saw? A: The Holiday
Q: Do you smile often? A: I try really hard to all the time.
So I was tagged by Brandi about 7 random things, wow this really could take a while......
1. FOOD! Okay so food is number one right now, because I am sick with this stupid cold and haven't been able to taste food for a week. I love food, I love to eat..lalalala(I've got the Mary Poppins song in my head "I love to laugh", but replacing it with "I love to eat") any way it was so frustrating going to Thanksgiving dinner and not being able to taste any of the food. We went to Chili's for dinner the other night and I was so excited to eat chips and salsa as it is my favorite and I couldn't taste it. I haven't been this frustrated in a while.
2. SHOES! I love shoes. Shoes are my favorite. Funny thing is that I buy shoes all the time and I only wear just a few of them. To date, I have 50 pairs. I love every single one. I buy tons of sandals but hardly ever wear them because my feet sweat (worse than normal). Boots are my second favorite, I am seriously addicted.
3. HAIR!It's my passion, and it's the other thing that is on my mind. I really need a deep condition right now as I am working my way towards going very blonde. I was a gorgeous purple and fire engine red, but I like to be different and go light in the winter and dark in the summer. I've realized that I love coloring my own hair, but cutting hair is what I love most. It's almost like sculpting. Some one comes in with nothing done to their hair and you create a whole new look for them and they look amazing when they leave your chair and you helped them to feel better about themselves.
4. COLDS. I have had this cold for a month now and my nose is RAW! I almost don't want to wipe it anymore. The worst part is being in public with a cold. I can't stand to blow my nose in public, and when its just running like the kitchen sink it's so hard not to just blow like a train whistle. So lets see what's more embarrassing, sticking the tissue up your nose and just letting it hang, or blowing so loud Mexico can hear you?
5. BEDS!I so love my bed. I made this horrible mistake of taking a nap today in my bed. It was a mistake because I know that when I nap in my bed I won't be comfortable when I go to sleep later that night. And here I am at 1 in the morning typing away because I can't get comfortable to save my soul. I am so super tired, I love my bed. When I was in school I would always think about my bed and imagine me lying in it.
6. MUSIC! So I have been sitting here and playing with the music playlist that will eventually be put up if I would stop getting errors. I love music, I keep finding all these great songs, I love just about every genre of music. I think for the most part I would rather listen to music than watch t.v.
7. HOSTING PARTIES. I finally have accepted and embraced the fact that I cannot plan parties. I really actually don't like it. I don't like hosting people. I hate having people look to me like what is next. I hate planning games and food, what a stress, at least for me. I thought I liked it and the more I sit here and think about it the more I realize how stressful it is. So power to those that can do it without stressing and love it!!!!
Okay Brandi girl, this is for you! Okay well not really just for you, but me too. Josh says I need an outlet so maybe I will start to make this my outlet. I really have nothing to go on about right now, just cuz I am so all about making it all look pretty. :-) So if I think of something as I add things to this blog, I will type more.
About me....well first off I like long walks on the beach and my favorite day is April 16, cuz it's not to hot and it's not to cold. Okay for the real stuff, I grew up in the good old states of California, Utah, Washington, and Idaho. I am now back in Utah for the third, yes third, time. I am a hairstylist and love what I do. I met my amazing husband (who does a fabulous job of putting up with me)here in Utah and we were married this last July ('07). We bought a house and it looks like I am stuck here in this fabulous state for a while, but I am thrilled because my both my brudders live here now. On Oct. 30, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who has brought amazing joy to my life. So look out Gloria Gaynor, cuz "I will survive!"