Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Please no more coloring for the night

Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. But it's nights like these that I just think there is no way in high holy heaven that I want to go back to work tomorrow when I know what will show up. So tonight I had an Asian woman come in to get her hair done. Nothing against Asian women, but they all want to be blond and it is really difficult to get their hair to that stage sometimes. Well she didn't want to be blond all over but just have it weaved through, as well as have the another color (almost black, but a dark brown to her) going throughout the rest of her hair. FABULOUS! So that takes forever, finally get her processed and in the sink and she is really bright yellow on the roots and a light brown on the ends, so I have to tone it, no big deal. I tone it, then put a really heavy conditioner on her hair and take her to the chair to blow dry her out. While the toner was on her hair in the sink, it looked as though it had pulled to just the color I had wanted (a nice light carmel color). So in my head I was home free. Not even close!!! As I blew her dry, the toner had given the look of orange to the highlights. It's now 9pm (time to go home), you can tell she is getting crabby because this has taken so long, I am trying to hide my frustration of the orange hair. She then asks me if it looks a little gold to her?! GOLD?! um no. So to allow both of us the opportunity to go home, I tell her that I think it just might be the lights that's she's sitting under and to wait until tomorrow in the daylight and if it doesn't look right to her to come back and I will be happy to fix it. Gosh I am so kind. I know in my gut she will be back tomorrow, my gut is never wrong when it comes to hair. I think the most frustrating thing is you spend so much time on something and knowing that the next day you are gonna have to see that person again to fix what you spent all that time on. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR. The even more frustrating thing is that I still don't have this color line down that I use at work. I hate guessing with it. I wish more than anything I could use my own color line, because every time I know exactly how the color is gonna come out and I am not saying a prayer at the sink pleading that this color will turn out and the person will like it! I'm going to take a bath!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

That is frustrating! I wish you could still do my hair. I never had to worry, I always knew it would look great. Why do you have to live all the way up in Ogden?

Anonymous said...

Yuck, that's no fun! You always did my hair sooo good! I knew I could always say, just do whatever you want!
Hey, what does Josh want for Christmas!! I feel bad because I don't know hardly anything about him! It would be cool if you could get a list of ideas! Thanks!

Acacia said...

Um, would it be wrong after this post to ask you to come down and color my hair in January? I wanna go "honey blonde." Hope things are going better for you. How did her hair end-up...did she come back?