Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Adoption Day

This morning Josh and I were able to attend the adoption of our nephew Jay. Josh's sister Kallee and her husband Chad have fostered Jay for the last year and today we all went to the courthouse/Juvunile Department. It was so neat, I teared up as I listened to the judge talk. The judge had asked Kallee and Chad if they would treat Jay as their own natural child as if though he had been actually born to them. I thought about how Heavenly Father looked at us when we were in heaven and asked us to do the same with His children. I thought how similar it is that we just take care of His children for him since he physically cannot be here. It just really touched me, and to look around the courtroom and see how much family was there to support. My in-law's even flew up for today, it was great to see them. There was so much love, it was awesome.

I love my mother in law she cracks me up. Josh says we are way to much alike. I took offense to that at first, but then today as we chatted, I saw how similar we really are, it made me laugh so hard. Afterwards we all enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at Dee's. I love Dee's. I love breakfast. I love breakfast at Dee's. Breakfast is my favorite. ;-) It's all about the biscuits and GRAVY!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, I totally posted about Jay's adoption today too. And I totally agree with your whole entire post.
Loves! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, this post made me happy and hungry! That is so wondeful you have a new nephew! how exciting! And then breakfast! ummmm, I love breakfast too! I could eat it for every meal!
by the way, if josh is still at a loss for what to get me, he could get me in with the best hair stylist I know. Maybe a cut OR color. Depending on how much she charges!!!
Also, I still don't know what to get him! I can't find a game. Is he in school? or did he graduate? If not does he need anything for school? I know he likes flogging molly. maybe he' like a shirt or something from them? HELP!
Let me know. Thanks for your help traci!

Jazz Fan said...

Nice work babe. thats great we all wrote about that. I liked the analogy about us and heavenly father and how we have to help him. That is so true. Your an amazing young lady. And im glad you dont take offense that i say your like my mom. Your the best, keep it going babe.