Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm movin to Hawaii

So today we got slammed with 21 inches of new snow. Up at Josh's cabin they now have 44 inches of new snow (not including the 3 feet they already had). Josh and I both ended up being late to work today, and got to help out many people who attempted to go up our street, as they were so lucky enough to get stuck. What was just insane was I had cleaned off the cars the first time (yes I cleaned them off about 5 times in two hours, please don't ask why I did that) after about a half hour there was already 4 new inches. I think my favorite part of today was watching the snow plows get stuck trying to go up our street, and then completely block us in after we had spent most of the morning clearing our driveway to get out for work. Horray to those fellow plow drivers. I'm trying to decide if I want that last comment to be sarcastic or not, I'm going both ways right now.

I thought it would be fun to share the pictures I took this morning of us out attempting to clear our driveway. The best was when I came home tonight, our driveway looked worse than when we had left, it was bad when we left. Hope everyone else had a better snow day.
This is before any plowing or shoveling was done by the mailbox.

The snowplow that got stuck....I think I can, I think I can....oh yeah the snow plow also took out the neighbors mailbox, poor little mailbox.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUCKY!! I seriously hate the snow! We also got about 21 inches of snow up here. The pictures I took of Deklan were early that morning when it was just getting started! Heston called me from work and I was trying to tell him how much snow there was and he thought didn't believe me. He kept saying, "I am sure it's the same as here. It has been snowing on and off all day." I kept telling him,"No, you don't understand, it hasn't stopped snowing all day here!" Anyway, when he came home he was amazed. I said, "you didn't believe me did you?" He says, "No, but I do now!" He spent about 3 hours shoveling our driveway.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe this! Insane! We got 12 but 21? unreal! I love the picture of your car! Sad! I also love the one of the snow plow and josh. I think josh is winning! love you!

Kayla said...

I hear ya on movin' to Hawaii...I got stuck yesterday in Jake's Integra. I was able to get out after a few minutes, but was scared none the less.

Unknown said...

Yea snow sucks big time. Especially when your city is really crappy at maintaining the streets. BUt it will go away soon. i hope!!

Unknown said...

wow! so at our apartment there was like a 1/2 an inch but by the time I got to work I almost got stuck trying to get in the parking lot because there was so much and there is a dip into the parking lot! Lot's of fun!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Hello Traci,
We found your blog through my parents.... Just wanted to stop by and say hello, and say how glad we are that you Northerners got the brunt of the snow!!