Monday, January 7, 2008

Baby Z's blessing

Sunday I had the opportunity to go to the blessing of baby Z.

It was one of the sweetest baby blessings I have heard in a long time. The spirit that was there was so strong. This sweet, sweet boy has down syndrome, and I must tell you how much love there is for this boy. I heard so much how many people have been touched by his sweet little spirit. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so grateful to be apart of this family. He truly couldn't ask for better parents. Oh and p.s. he is so stinkin cuddly!!!! You don't ever want to give up holding him. After church we went to R and K's for soup and salad. Jell and Jer sang "Away in a Manager" which has now been dedicated to baby Z. I tried to record the singing to put on here, but my computer chooses not to cooperate. Ah well. Anyway I took a few pictures while I was there.
My sis and I. I had to laugh when I overheard her telling someone, "yes that's my sister, but we are so very different." It's so true. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She's one of my best friends. Josh teased me the other day, telling me, there is no way you could ever move away from your sister. I said, yes I could, but only for a week. ;-) love you sis!
Me and my Shorty. Someone asked me yesterday to point out my sisters daughter. I pointed to her, and said that's her, my sisters mini-me. My sis responds with no, she is your mini-me. I knew exactly what she meant and I really shouldn't be too proud of it, but I had the biggest smile on my face. I love this girl so much. She is my mini-me personality wise. I can't believe she is 6.

Me and Button. I just adore this little one. I had to post this, she is just too cute for me not too!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I do have to say that baby is adorable. Doesn't look down's except for in his eyes. My aunt has four with down's now (she's adopted three) and they serious bring so much to a family.

Unknown said...

We are different but similar too that's what makes us work. I "wub you" as Gabey says too:)

Unknown said...

Actually, if you click on the pic of us, our faces look a lot alike. Our eyes are the same color and we have the same cheeks and nose.

Nick and Lauren said...

Cute pics...glad I found y'all.