Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sisters

You know it's interesting how much you think you know about someone and yet you really don't know them. I consider my sister one of my best friends up next to my husband. Funny thing is, I am finding out so much about her that I had no idea. We stayed the night last night at mom's (aka Robin) and sat up talking last night about past boyfriends and feelings, and I had no idea. It broke my heart when I realized how much I never paid attention to my sister and what was going on in her life while we were growing up. Then tonight reading on her blog that she saved two peoples lives, I had no idea. It was like the night about two years ago when we lived in Moscow and we talked for two hours about our parents death, and our feelings surrounding them. That was one of the biggest eye openers for me. I had no idea about her feelings and what she had gone through. I feel so strange inside knowing that I know my sister, I know who she is, but things that happened to her and her feelings just seemed to pass right by me because I was so self absorbed. Sadly I still am a little, but I'm working on it. It is cool that I am getting to know more about jells. I love my sis and I really don't know what I would do if she wasn't there for me.

2 comments:

Acacia said...

She's a fantastic person, and she has one wonderful older sister! You both amaze me.

Unknown said...

hey there chica
I am soo glad to see you started a blog. I miss you sooo dang much and I am glad we can do this to keep in touch.

Sabrina