Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Best Day EVER!!!!!

Okay so I have to say that yesterday was a horrible no good very bad day. I had a fabulous breakdown that was quite Oscar worthy, I was stiffed in tips almost the whole day, my sickness has gotten to me so bad that it has made me crazy (well more crazy than most days), I really just felt like I had done a horrible job with my clients hair all day, and all I wanted to do was come home and have comfort food. I love comfort food. I couldn't do that because I couldn't taste the freakin' food. Luckily my sweet husband worked me through the breakdown, I sat in the shower and breathed. This morning I woke up with the puffiest eyes, surprised I could see through them only to realize I could smell, yes smell. Then I thought ok well this will be for just a minute and my nose will stuff up again. After my shower I could smell my perfume I put on, and thought it way to good to be true. All morning I continued to smell my wrist just to keep checking to see if I could still smell. Just as an FYI I haven't been able to smell anything in almost a month. And if you read in my other blog I haven't been able to taste any foods a little over a week, I think almost two. Well anyway I get to work, got my diet coke (just for the caffeine since I couldn't enjoy the taste of it), and after a couple gulps of it realized I could taste it. I was so EXCITED! I can't begin to even describe the happiness. After my horrible day yesterday the most blessed thing in the world happens, I can TASTE again. The choirs were singing and my co-workers making fun of me. But I paid them no mind because I could taste my Diet Coke. Sad news is we were so swamped today that I didn't get to eat all day, so I stopped at Wendys on my way home and really took advantage of their dollar menu. :-) It was joyous. Work turned out pretty good today as well, I banked on tips as I decided to have the attitude of having no expectations in regards to tips and to really just focus on my artistic ability. I feel like it really worked today. Oh and did I mention I can taste my DIET COKE?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!! I love the post and I am so happy for you that you can taste and smell, two of the most valuable senses :D

Love you!

Acacia said...

Sweet! It's like you got little presents all day long!

RicAnn said...

Traci-
Hey I just wanted to say Hi and that you have a cute lil' blog. By the way I am your "favorite Cousin" RicAnn :) You should check out our blog. notesfromthered.blogspot.com We should keep in touch!

RicAnn
(Josh's favorite cousin)

Unknown said...

You are soo funny. Its great you can taste agian. I think my sences are trying to take that from me too but I am fighting it hard.

You have to try Airborn when you feel a cold comming on it really helps to either shorten the time of the cold or maybe even make it so you do not get it. BUt it can really be a sences save lol. Enjoy your smells and tastes. :)

love you!!