Saturday, November 1, 2008

Baby Ian


Well the wait is finally over. Ian Bruce Hawks has finally joined us in this world. Thursday Oct. 30th, I went into the hospital at 7am to be induced. We got things going around 9am, after an hour of contractions I was screamin for the epideral. Thanks Epideral, you are my new best friend!!! By 12:30 I was dilated to a 5. I figured it would be a while before I got to a 10 so I sent my mom and Josh out to get some lunch. When they got back at 1:30 I was dilated to a 9. By 2:30, I was at a 10 and ready to go. At 3:00, the doctor had me start pushing, I pushed for an hour, and at 3:56pm, Ian was here. I had such an awesome nurse. After I was all stitched up and ready to go, they moved me to my room. It was so great to have Josh and my mom there with me. My Mother-in-law, along with my brother Darren came to see me that evening. It truly is an incredible experience. It was so neat to watch Josh's reaction to everything, he is such an amazing daddy already. He loves holding his little boy, and has been waiting on me hand and foot and won't leave the baby's side. I truly couldn't ask for a better husband. I'm just so excited to be home now, especially knowing that I won't have someone coming in my room every few hours to take my vitals, or blood, or ask me something random. I feel so blessed to have such a happy, healthy baby. I know with out a doubt the Lord was watching over our little family throughout this whole experience. Hope you all enjoy the pictures. ;-)

11 comments:

LIZ said...

Congratulations!!!!! He is adoreable and has so much hair. I am happy for you guys, you'll make great parents.

I totally feel you on the nurses coming in every 20 minutes. You don't get any sleep, I guess they are just preparing you for what is to come.

Alveybunch said...

Congrats! He looks so sweet and happy! I love the Epidural too!! Good job Tracy! Enjoy every moment cause this little guy will be very grown up before you realize it happened!

Torrie said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went so well for you during your labor and delivery. Ian is so cute! I hope you are getting lots of sleep. I'm so happy for you! No wonder you haven't updated your blog in a while. ;)

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! What a beautiful baby!

Monica Polad said...

Traci- He is beautiful. I cannot wait to see him and give him lots of hugs and kisses. I love all the hair. I also love epidurals. I think I could have 20 kids as long as I could always have the epidural! Hope you are feeling good. Just rest lots and make Josh wait on you as much as he can. You deserve it!!! Love Ya tons!!

Andrews Family said...

Congrats Traci and Josh! Ian is ADORABLE!! You look great momma!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Tran said...

Yay Traci.. I am so jealous though as you only pushed for less than an hour.. Congratulations on his safe arrival and boy oh boy.,. He is such a cutie.. You look amazing girl... Can't wait to see more pics..

Jeni said...

He's adorable! Congrats!

Kallee said...

Traci---He is so cute. Congratulations!!!!!!!. Let me know if you ever need a babysitter. By the way---Happy Birthday again......

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh! He's SOOOOOOO Cute! I am so happy (but also extremely jealous) that everything went so smoothly and easily for you! That was a quick inducement. I hope I get to meet the little guy sometime! And I'm so excited he shares a birthday with Shelbs.

TJ and Shaylee Voss said...

Congrats! He is so stinkin cute! We are so happy for you guys!