Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love St. George

So there are probably quite a few mothers out there who will read this and think I am psycho, but that's okay, cuz it was worth it. This last weekend I was getting cabin fever very badly, and made the suggestion to Josh we go visit his family down in St. George. Josh had a three day weekend so he was thrilled with the idea. So we packed up our week old baby, and headed 6 hours south to sunny (70 degree weathered) St. George. Ian did so awesome, we stopped once to feed and change him, and he slept the rest of the drive. We got there pretty late friday night as the idea hadn't occured to me until 4pm. The next morning at 6am, Josh and I were up to go yard sale-ing with Josh's dad, and sister Monica. I'd never been on the "hunt" before, so this was an all new experience. We had a great time going all over St. George trying to find a "new find". I got a brand new ice cream maker, just in time for winter ;-) . By about 11am the back of Monica's mini-van was filled with all kinds of great things we found. One of my favorite things about St. George is the magnificent burger joint...In-n-Out. So with Monica and her hubby Danny, and the parents in law, we hit up In-n-Out. I seriously think I could eat there everyday. It always reminds me of growing up in California and eating there as a kid.

Later we went to visit Josh's grandma and got a generation picture. Cute Auntie Monica with Ian
Ian wore himself out hangin around with cousin Dylan. ;-)

That night, Josh, Monica, Danny and I all took a little trip over to Mesquite, NV for some good ol' buffet-ing (yeah it's my new word). It was awesome catching up with Monica and Danny, as we don't see them very often.

Thank you to Mama and Papa Hawks for watching all the kids for us, you are heaven sent!!!!!
Sunday was a great day of napping and football.

Mama Hawks made a fabulous Sunday dinner, and we had a short family home evening.
We had such a blast just hanging out with everyone. Monday we had to get back, we made one last stop to In-n-Out and were on our way home. Ian once again did awesome and we just stopped once for a feeding. I feel so lucky to have such a good little one (I know, I know...for the time being). I got teary leaving knowing I had to one come back to cloudy Ogden, and two leaving the family. I had such a great time with them, I'm gonna start looking at housing down there.

P.S. Alisha if you read this I'm sorry I didn't come see you. Next time I will hopefully know ahead of time and we can get together.

7 comments:

Alveybunch said...

Thanks, I would love to see you and your family. I cannot believe you came all this way with a one week old baby! You are a trooper! I barely am getting out of the house when my babies are that young. Good to hear that you had fun!

Monica Polad said...

I miss you guys so much, but I am SO GLAD you came down. It was so much fun!!! I just loved spending time with the three of you! It was so amazing getting to see little Ian too. I just can't believe how little he is. Especially when he is laying next to Dylan. Have I mentioned that I miss you guys already? Well I hope you come down again soon and we Love ya guys TONS!!!

Kayla said...

That's awesome that you guys traveled so quickly after Ian's arrival. Now would definitely be the time to travel with a baby because they sleep most of the time so they won't care where they are.

Unknown said...

TRACI!!! I have some great news! In salt lake at about 5600 West and 3100 South there is a resturant called Chadders! Pretty much In n Out without the name. In n Out tried to sue them and lost so it'll be around!!! We just found it last Friday and ate there Friday and Saturday cuz that's what i miss most (besides my family) about Vegas!!!! I'm glad that your baby was good! I'm sure I'll be crazy like you driving down to Vegas...lol!!

Jeni said...

You're not crazy, you're amazing! Good for you! You're an inspiration to the rest of us. I'm glad you were able to get away.

Can't wait to see your little man!

Torrie said...

Good for you. It's good to get out of the house and like the earlier comment said--it's easier to travel with tiny babies because they (usually) sleep the whole time. Ian is so cute! Keep those pictures coming! I'm glad you got to have a nice weekend with the family.

benallredfamily said...

Oh, I wish I could have came with you guys. I miss warm weather. have fun with the icecream machine. I love icecream even in winter,
Autumn