Saturday, November 15, 2008

2 week check up

I know I really should be napping right now because I am so exhausted, but when your mind is going a million miles an hour and you really can't leave at the moment to go do the errands you need to, and you really don't want to clean your house, or do your laundry that has piled up for days.....you sit at the computer and blog.
Yesterday was Ian's two week checkup.
I was a little nervous that his weight wouldn't be back up as he has been throwing up a lot lately. Luckily he has gained his birth weight back along with a few more ounces. His weight was in the 23 percentile. His length was in the 33rd, and his little (yes little) head was in the 27th. According to the doctor, she said that was all perfect and he was right on where he needed to be. I was happy with that. The highlight of the doctors visit was Ian rolling over on the table. I had laid Ian flat on his back and he rolled over onto his side and then onto his tummy. The doctor about flipped out. She kept saying over and over, "you aren't supposed to do that yet". She kept stressing to me that I needed to really watch him now if he is doing that...gee ya think?! Thanks for the warning doc....I'm so in trouble all ready. I really can't complain though, I have been so blessed. Ian is such a great little baby. He really only screams when he has to have his diaper changed or when we give him a bath. Otherwise he is as chill as his daddy (thank the heavens for that one). I just pray that since he looks like me, he will take on his daddy's personality. I am soooooo in trouble if he has just an ounce of my personality. It will be interesting though to watch and see what my mother taught him in heaven. I know she taught him things to do to irritate me. I'm waiting, and scared to death for my payback. ;-)

12 comments:

Acacia said...

Yea! Pictures! Look out - Mato did the rolling over thing at 2 weeks, too. We had to watch her like HAWKS (but I guess that won't be so hard for you, since that's your naem!). He's adorable, and you look great!

RicAnn said...

How cute is he?!?! What a little cuttie pie :) Sounds like he is advanced.

By the way You look awesome!!

Kayla said...

Oh! Sweet pictures. You look great! Shelby rolled over at about 11 days old, I think. She did a couple times really early on, then not again until much later. She was mad enough that she was able to jerk her little body over. She also did it in her crib and she would scoot around in it and end up on the complete opposite side of the crib from where I put her. So hopefully with Ian, it was just a one time thing for now.

Monica Polad said...

That is the cutest picture of Ian. I love it! He is such a cutie. You look so good in that picture too. Can you say NO FAIR. Are you sure you just had a baby?!! You look so good! Can you believe he is already two weeks old? It just goes by way too fast! Love YA!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Dallin did the EXACT same thing at his 2 week appointment and scared us to death! We thought he was going to roll right off the table!!! Can you imagine a little newborn taking that fall? UGH!
It's good to hear that he is doing so good!
We hope to see you sometime soon.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

You made me laugh right out loud when you spoke of the naughty things your Mom probably taught him in heaven! Sadly you are probably right! :)

He is a beautiful baby!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness he is soooooooooooo cute!!! I can't wait to see him in January! What a little doll baby. LOVE YOU IAN!!!

John and Kortney said...

How cute is he? He looks just like you! And he is filling out so much! Sounds like you are all doing great.If you need anything, let us know.

Torrie said...

He is so cute! I love his crazy hair. When are you going to dye it blue?

p.s. you look fabulous!

Nicole Stenzel said...

Well Traci, I rolled over on day one! LMAO! JK! I don't think I have yet to grasp the whole rolling over thing....so. I love my little Ian! It was so wonderful sitting here tonight with him sleeping with me while you all went to Costco. He is amazing and such a sweet little boy. Jon is jealous to be honest that you have your little one already. He has to wait so long he said for our little one to come. You are certainly lucky with Ian, because is great. Slept so sweetly and I couldn't take my eyes off of him the whole time. I can't wait to see him again when we come up for a hair cut that I am truly in need of!!! Love ya!!!

Mama Hawks said...

I miss you Ian. Tell Ian to remember grandma's voice. Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving. Glad he is growing and doing so great. Love and Kisses!

Kallee said...

Your baby is so cute. I feel fortunate enough to hold him on Saturday.....even if BYU lost. He sure is cute. Have fun in St. George