Friday, April 11, 2008

That comes from where????

So we had our official first doctors visit and got our first ultra sound. I still wasn't sure what I was looking at, but I pointed out the head and was right, so I guess there really is a baby there. It was so neat to hear the heartbeat. Josh came with me, and it was so nice to have him there minus the..."well I guess you really are pregnant now." All day after the appointment that's what I got to hear. It's official I'm not faking sick. ;-) The second best part of the doctors visit was while we were sitting in the waiting area we were given books to look at and one of them had explicit pictures of child birth. Josh's eyes got big and says "ewwww gross, I can't believe that comes from there. I said, Well sherlock where else would it come from. He says, I don't know but that is just wrong. "
Gotta love guys and their thinking. I really was happy that he came with. If you end up reading his blog, it's the more sentimental side of all of it, so I am glad he wrote the good stuff. 10 Weeks: Your baby, now barely the size of a kumquat, weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. (Length: a little over 1 inch, head to bottom.) Well folks for those wondering about what a kumquat is, there you go ;-)

Besides the doctors visit, my coolest sister-in-law (yes B, that would be you) finally spilled the beans that she is gonna have a baby. I am so excited because we are gonna be pregnant together. She is two weeks ahead of me. We have talked about being pregnant together for so long and to have it happen is so exciting. So now, lets see....my sister is due in July, my friend Dharma is due in August, B is due in October, I am due in Nov, oh yeah Nov. 4, and my other sister in law called to tell us she is due in December. WOW! Talk about an out pouring of kids.

6 comments:

Nicole Stenzel said...

Well :) I must be honest it is still weird for me to get used to the idea that you will be a mom. Only because it is your first, it was the same with Kelli. Very excited for you and Josh though! And cannot wait to see what you are going to have. Excited to have another niece or nephew in our lives! Yipee!!! Next is me...lol JK! Big time just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Talk about an out pouring of children! There are 13 of my close friends and family that are pregnant right now and one that just had her baby last month!!!! HOLY cow!!!!
I am super excited for you guys though, and it is really fun that we are going to be pregnant together. Hopefully I get to actually carry my baby long enough for it to survive. Then they can be best little buddies! If not I will just have to spoil your baby twice as much!
Congrats mommy to be!

Kayla said...

Jake was the same way. He didn't want to be on "that" end of things during delivery. He stayed up by my head and held my hand. Needless to say, when the doctor asked him to cut the umbilical cord, he declined.

Torrie said...

I love hearing the heartbeat! I can't believe how many people you know that are having babies. Must be something in the water up there. Keep us posted on how your kumquat is doing and thanks for letting us know what a kumquat looks like. I had no idea. You are entertaining and educating!

Tran said...

Josh is so funny even though I don't know him or have met him yet in regards to "That comes from where?" I really am so happy for you and look forward to reading your post on our updates. It really is an amazing feeling hearing the heartbeat and seeing your child for the first time. I remember feeling the same way you did. I couldn't believe I was preggo until I heard the beat or saw the baby. Congrats again Traci. You will be a good mom.

Brett said...

Congrats Trac... I hope it continues to go well for you!

Brett Allen