Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Where was smokey the bear?

So this last weekend or the week before (I'm not sure of dates, because I can't remember what I did yesterday) Josh and I drove 3 hours to a remote place called Moon Lake to spend some quality time with his family camping. Any of you who know me know that my idea of camping is in a hotel with no cable, so I was happy when I found out we had cabins to sleep in. Being 5 months pregnant and the thought of sleeping on the ground was not so appealing. I must say I was overjoyed beyond anything when I saw the outhouses actually had indoor plumbing. I gave a prayer of thanks. LOL! I really had a great time hangin with the fam. We played cards, watched the kids play in the freezing cold lake, sent all the guys off to fish, and the best part was watching Josh throw our 45 pound old english bulldog into the lake. No need to report us to the "cruelty of animals" commission, as one, it was our way of giving him a bath, and two, Josh was right on hand when our dog went under for a second and Josh almost had to dive under to get him. He came back up and proved he could swim with ease. It was fun just to relax and watch the kids play and sit by the camp fire. I have to say that is one of my favorite things to do, just sit by the campfire, eating snacks, and B.S.ing with everyone.
All the women folk. Me with my sisters and mother in law.
Josh and Brutus. Josh would throw a stick out into the lake and brutus would go after it as long as it wasn't too far out, when it was too far out, he would stop and just back up all the way to shore. I have never laughed so hard, it was a sight to see.
My sister-in-law Autumn and me with my beloved Diet Coke. Can't leave home without it.
Josh caught a total of 33 fishes. I think I last heard that all together the boys caught over 100 fish.
Wow I was thrilled for this shot. ;-) I'm guessing I just woke up.
Thanks Kallee for all the pictures. ;-)

4 comments:

Torrie said...

Looks like fun! Love the little baby bump!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you posted some belly shots! I have been thinking about you. I hope that you're doing good! You look great! You've def. got that prego glow! I am so excited you're having a boy! yeah!!!

Unknown said...

you look like you had fun...except that last photo lol. I wish I could be around you guys to go camping. I bet it was a blast.