Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Chips and Salsa for one

So I have had the wonderful enjoyment of being nauseated. Lucky me. Last night I wasn't feeling it and on the way home from work I really wanted chips and salsa. Not just any chips and salsa, Chili's Chips and Salsa. If you haven't figured it out, I'm obsessed with Chili's. So I call Josh and tell him I am going to stop by there and see if they will let me have some "to-go". He tells me to just go to the store and get some chips and salsa, he actually said, "it's the same thing". I'll take " UH, NO" for $200, Alex. I was livid that he actually fought me on it. So I said forget that I'm going. I'm nervous to go into Chili's and get C&S, because I didn't call ahead. Well I walked in there and the guy asks if he can help me and I look at him and said, "you are going to think I am crazy, and that's okay, but I am pregnant and I am really craving chips and salsa and I just got off work and didn't have your number to call and order, can I have some?" Seriously, he looked at me like "yes you are crazy, and I really didn't need to hear all of that". He was sweet and got me my C&S. I love Chili's and the poor waiters to have to listen to crazy people like me!

5 comments:

Fosburg Four said...

I am so excited for you babe! This is so neat for you! There must be a baby frenzy going on because many people I know are pregnant! But it is WONDERFUL that you are going to have an addition to your family!!! You are such a doll! Now that Eric and I are in Idaho Falls, we will have to get all of us together and have a "reunion" of sorts!

Loves!

Kayla said...

When you're pregnant and not feeling too hot and most food sounds gross, you gotta go for what sounds good right then and there! What sounds good now might not tomorrow. I love Chili's chips and salsa too. We get some to go sometimes too. And Josh...definitely not the same thing as store bought chips and salsa. Huge difference!

Torrie said...

Ha Ha Ha! You are so funny. I can picture you doing that. Don't feel silly for ever doing anything like that. Pregnancy is a good excuse! You should find out if you can buy a pint of it or something. My friend's brother used to be a manager there and she would always bring huge bags of Chili's chips and tubs of salsa to parties and things. Doesn't hurt to ask. Then when the craving hits you at 2 in the morning, you will be well stocked.

Tran said...

Yes you are crazy but we all love ya.. You wouldn't be you if you didn't do just that. Just eat what you feel like eating and don't feel like an idiot. I went to an all you can eat sushi bar and ate 9plates of sushi (none raw). People kept looking at me but who cares. Continue to keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

LOL! You crack me up... But that's nothing new! Oh dear Traci! I love you! I only wish I was with you to share those amazingly yummy chips and salsa!!!!
I'm gonna have to go with Traci and vote it's just not the same. To even get salsa that tastes good at all you have to pay about 4 bucks for it...plus the chips, that never taste like the chili's chips...Just go for the real thing, that's what I say. I spend most of my pregnant life loathing 90% of food, so I say when you have a craving, INDULGE!!! ;)