Saturday, August 30, 2008

The way life goes


Last week my sister, my best friend next to my husband, moved to Moscow, ID. My brother-in-law decided to return to school to get his PhD. I'm super excited for them because I know how much they love it there and have so many friends there. Some may think that it's no big deal, but for me its so much more than that. My sister and I have not been apart for almost the last 5 years. Up until I met my husband she has been my rock. I consider her kids to be my kids. When we were young and would fight, my mom would always tell us, "one day, you two will be all you have." In these last years, I have been there and felt that, where my sister was all I had. It's been a very hard thing to endure not having my sister close by. For me the hardest part is knowing that I cannot be there when she needs me. It breaks my heart when she has a hard day with the kids and I can't be there to help take over. It hurts to know she won't be here when my baby comes, but it's okay, I know it's not by choice. She has taught me a lot about myself, and I love her dearly for it. I will miss our movie nights more than anything...something salty, sweet, and chocolatey. I know she's not dead, she's only 12 hours away, but for me, and loosing so many people in my life, this has been hard. Sorry it may be depressing, but I needed to get this out. I love ya Jells!!!!!

If you need something cheery.....my awesome Aunt Kristi loaded me up on baby furniture this week. I got the crib, the basinet, the baby vibrating chair, a swing, and a garbage bag full of clothes. I am excited about the crib, it's green and I can't wait to get some blue spray paint and stencil in my Seattle Seahawks logo. Josh isn't all that thrilled (as he wants everything to be decorated in Utah Jazz) but, I think he will survive. Now I just need to get a Seattle Seahawks baby jersey and I am set...well that and a truck load of diapers. Anyone know of a Pampers truck I can hijack!? ;-)

5 comments:

Acacia said...

#1 - Don't make me cry. I miss her way too much, too. And soon I'll be more than 36 hours away from her!

#2 - Go JAZZ!! I'm with Josh, paint it purple!

#3 - Great picture. I wonder who took it! ;-)

Torrie said...

You and Kelli are lucky to have each other and to be so close. I'm sorry you guys will be separated but she's only a phone call away!

Nicole Stenzel said...

Aww I know how you are feeling right now, except the whole baby thing! LOL Sucks after talking on the phone with her and all I want to do is drive over and have fun just sitting and talking. But I can't. These last couple days have been the hardest! Ugg, we need to all move to a city that we all love that has everything we all need and never leave! Man we need a trip up there soon! Hope to see you soon dear! Love ya!

Jazz Fan said...

Hey babe, I love you so much. Its ok to feel like that. I know your going to miss her. That just means will just have to take some extra trips up there. Im so glad you have had your sister around you thru out alot of your life. Will make it thru it. Your the best babe.

LIZ said...

My uncle on my mom's side lives there. He ans his wife just had twins.

Anyway, so happy for your new litte Ian to arrive. Can't wait to see the pictures. Hope all goes well and when they ask, take the drugs!